Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Worst Day

I don't even know where to start, other than I think today has probably been one of the worst days that I've had in a very long time...or maybe even ever. Now I know people say all the time "Oh today was the absolute worst day and it couldn't get any worse.", but before you think that about my statement just hear me out..

So it all started this morning when i was running late for school. I didn't wake up on time and therefore was behind this morning and a little late to school(well later than when i usually arrive). When I got there though and was putting my books away I realized I had forgotten to print out my government essay, which I had spent a great deal of time writing the night before! So I had to go back outside into the lovely Endicott weather and walk down to the pit and drive home to get my essay. When I got in my car though the gas light went on. So now I had to put gas in the car and let me tell you Red Lobster salary isn't something to brag about! So putting gas in the car is a real bummer, especially when gas prices are $3.30 a gallon! I'm sure any teenager who has a car hates the days when the car needs fuel. Anyway, so I got the paper and and my mom wrote me a note for being late, as I didn't get back until the end of first period, which was physics and now I have to make up a lab, but thats a whole other issue. When i get back to the school it is still raining so as I'm getting out of the car I put up an umbrella, but as i do my hair gets caught in it and so know I'm standing in the parking lot trying to detach the umbrella from my head. I'm sure if there was anyone looking down at the pit they were laughing at me. I did get it detached but it messed up my hair, so i got back in the car and used the mirror to fix it. As i did this I put my car keys on the seat next to me. I fixed my hair and was all ready to go back to school, I closed and locked my car door. As I was walking away I realized I didn't have my keys. I had just locked them in my car...great..lets just say I was not a happy camper who at this point was fed up..it didn't end well. My mom did however have a spare key(thank god!) which she brought to me during school. The rest of m day was ok but I was already in a bad mood so by the end of the day I just wanted out.

When I got home I took a nap hoping that that might make me feel better, and it did but as I was coming down the stairs for dinner I fell. I think it was the drowsiness after just waking up. I couldn't really see and was groggy, so i fell down the stairs and I mean all the way down. It's safe to say I'll have some nice brusies on my backside...This last part though is what makes the day total road kill:(

My dog is 16 years old and shes been with me my whole life and tonight my dad told my sister and myself that we have to pt her down on Friday. I mean I was kind of expecting because she has been having some problems but at the same time she still acts like a puppy and could run circles around you for hours. He told us he talked to the vet and the vet said her problems are just the beginning of many to come and recommended we put her down so she doesn't have to suffer. That was a shocker. I never thought she would be going so soon and so suddenly like in two days she won't be here. And I don't know about any of you but because I've grown up with her it's really hard to let her go and think that she won't be in the rest of my life. So that news really made this day one of those days you wish you could erase and start all over, but unfortuanately there is no such thing...

So that is the end of my bad day(so far) i guess theres still a few hours before I go to bed so I think I'm jst going to lay low and do nothing that might cause something else to happen because with the way this day is going that would be just my luck. Plus I have oodles of homework to start and should probably do that so tomorrow doesn't start off on a bad note as well.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow Alyssa! I am so sorry to hear about Shadow. :-[ I know how that is, it was really hard when we had to put Casey to sleep. She was older than me so I had known her my entire life! She was such a good dog, but I knew she was suffering so it was what was best. Let me know if I can do anything to help :-[

Hannah said...

All those little things really suck when they come one at a time, but on those days when they just come one after another!! Sucky sucky day.

And the big thing, I relate completely, I still remember one of the the worst days of my life, when as a 9-year-old I woke up early on a Saturday to go on a road trip, but my dog wouldn't eat or walk. We cancelled that trip because within two hours we learned he had lymphoma and put him down. I'm thinking of you. Rough times suck bigtime... I know you'll pull through.

MemphisKell said...

So sorry about your dog and all the other turmoil, Alyssa. Sometimes it definitely seems like the universe is plotting against us.

You're awesome!

Brian M. Shaver said...

:( <3

-Brian Shaver

(America Love it or Leave it)